Nokia Lumia series has already established itself as a big name among the top end smartphone manufacturer. Obviously it is not a cheap deal. But if you want the taste of Windows mobile OS with a good battery life and a camera with Carl Zeiss lens and dual flash, a superb quality AMOLED display. You will love to have a Nokia. Now you may have a Nokia Lumia 820 & Nokia Lumia 920 with a reduced price and gift from their latest promotion for Bangladeshi market. Nokia Lumia 820 is available at 32,700 TK (Unauthorized channel: 22.000 TK) & Nokia Lumia 920 is available at 46,850 (Unauthorized channel: 30.500 TK) TK. If you want any you can contact with your nearest Nokia outlet.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Recently GP & Symphony has launched their latest promotion as a partner. GP is providing the Symphony W15 at only 4,590TK. The Symphony W15 comes with a 1ghz processor, ROM 512 MB & RAM 256 MB a 3.5 inch capacitive touchscreen, 1400 mAh battery, 0.3 MP camera which runs on Android OS 2.3 (Gingerbread). I know the ram and the camera is certainly frustrating. But, at this price you will even hardly be able to find a good feature phone. Whatever as a low priced device its configuration is not so bad at all. Furthermore its real price is even less costly for you as you are going to get a 4gb mico SD card and 500MB internet at BDT 60 (+VAT), which is valid for 30days. Though there is a long list of conditions applicable about this.
The long list of conditions may be boring but if yoy want have look its here for you.
- Any New and Existing eligible prepaid and postpaid customer of Grameenphone can avail this offer, upon purchasing Symphony W15 from April 18, 2013 till the end of the campaign.
- Eligible customers will get 500MB data at BDT 60 (+ VAT), valid for 30days.
- To avail this offer, customers need to Tag themselves by dialing 4724 (FREE) from their newly purchased Symphony W15 and then send SMS to 4724 (FREE) after 72 hours of sending request for tagging. The Keyword is Y.
- Customers will be allowed to purchase 500 MB internet @ BDT 60 (+VAT) maximum Ten times during the next three months from the day of first valid tagging.
- Customers need to stay bundled with Handset + SIM to enjoy the full volume of data.
- For multiple tagging by same user, first valid tagging will be considered.
- Customers can tag for this offer during the entire campaign period.
- Data can be checked by dialing an USSD & SMS. For Free Internet Balance check – write View Data & Send to 4777 (for postpaid customers) & Dial *500*60# (for prepaid customers).
- If a prepaid customer Migrates from one package to another, then data will also be forwarded to that migrated package.
- Existing Internet P2 and P3 customers will not get the Internet offer.
- During the data disbursement time, if any subscriber found is in BARRED status, in that case data will not be disbursed.
- In post-paid, the data volume will not be added with existing package volume, that the customer might be already using. Data volume can be used after the expiry of already subscribed package volume but within the specific validity period.
- In prepaid, the data volume will be added to the existing package volume that the customer might be already using.
- If a customer, who is already using a GP internet package, gets the 500 MB data and the validity of the existing internet package is lower than the data validity – then higher validity will be applicable. As a result, the existing package that the customer was using will be auto renewed after the extended/higher validity period has expired.
- If a customer consumes the data volume before the expiry date, h/she will be charged BDT .01/10KB till the end of the ongoing validity period, unless h/she subscribes to any other paid GP internet package.
- If a non Internet user (who has no Internet Package subscribed at the moment of data disbursement) gets this offer, after the expiry of the validity date, subscribers will be deactivated and will be charged BDT .01/10KB if the subscriber finishes the data volume before the expiry date.
- To stop using this internet offer before the expiry date send stop to 5000 (free of cost). No Auto-renewal feature will be available.
- Valid for Symphony W15 handsets only purchased from April 18, 2013 till end of the campaign.
- The handset will be available nationwide in all Grameenphone sales outlets.
- Customer will get after sales service as per Symphony Standard after sales service policy.
- Business Solutions Postpaid customers will not be able to avail this offer.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
I was planning to write a few things about choosing a good mobile in Bangladesh. I have seen many guys who becomes frustrated just a few days after buying their desired phone. This happens for their failure to determine their necessity regarding the use of the mobile. There are lot of eye-candy mobile phones available in the market but is it worth buying? The answer varies among users regarding his necessity. Let us try to find our answers in the light of the following words to choose the right one.
- Brand New or Secondhand:
- I know everyone don't have the budget to afford an iPhone, Galaxy S3 or Note 2 or any other high end mobile phones. The cheaper option is available on the market to buy a secondhand phone. But, believe me it may lead you too a lot of legal & technical difficulties. I may share one example regarding the probable legal complications of buying an used mobile. Few days back one of my friend lost his iPhone 4S, he went to local police station and filed a G.D. about it. He found with the help of a law enforcing agency that his phone is using buy someone else . The law enforcing agency communicated with the guy who was using this & found that he bought it from a shop that sells used mobile. He was lucky enough to return the mobile to its owner without going to police custody for keeping a stolen product in possession. (I am planing to write an article about the legal complications of buying a secondhand device from an unknown person.)
- Basic or Smartphone:
- This is also important, I know a lot of guys buy a smartphone but their only purpose of use is fulfilled by a feature phone. So, should I buy a big screen, high resolution phone because I have enough money? I think the answer should be no, unless you really need a smartphone. If you need a smartphone, you should think about your desired performance.... are you a heavy internet user, gamer, texter or you have a lot of job to be done about business activities or you are buying this for a good camera or multimedia entertainment. You will hardly find any handset at an average budget which fulfills all those criterion. So make a decision and than choose.
- The most important determinants of your choice. If you are buying a handset with a budget of 10000TK you will have to make a lot of compromises. But take care of your most important aspiration if you don't want to be frustrated about your choice. Think about the budget and choose accordingly.
- Android, Nokia Lumia or IPhone
- To be honest I am fan of android. But, this is not the only reason for my love towards android. If you have a scope for comparing three device of similar price from the three I am sure you will agree with me that android is the best. The open source android based devices are much cheaper than the contending windows or ios. Which results a lower price in same specs. But if you want luxury you can choice from any of them. But if I am to choose I would go for the android as from Bangladesh using an iPhone is a real pain as there is no official representation of apple here. Even you will have to face problem even using the apple app store if you don't have a VISA or MASTERCARD. The windows mobile app store is yet to flourished for real usable free apps. The google play (app store) is a great place for the android user to have their usable apps.
- Which brand should I choose? A great concern for many. Personally I have a love for the music phone.To me Sony Walkman is the best in terms of music. But there is a music series of all the other renowned brand. The Samsung Galaxy series, know doubt is the leading manufacture of android device but LG, HTC is also a big market player. The iPhone, if you love its vibrant display may go for it. The Nokia is a legend of the mobile manufacturer, buying a Lumia is not a bad idea if you are in love of the Nokia. If you want the cheaper option Ill tell you to think about Symphony or Walton. Which has already proven themselves as a key market player of the Bangladesh smartphone market. You can easily find your desired android from their collection at a more budget price. But if you want a basic phone Nokia comes first.
- Few important specs
- Choose a device at least with a 4 inch screen if you are going to buy a smartphone. The ram should be at least 512 MB (1gb is great ), processor 1ghz & screen should be capacitive with gorilla glass protection, if photography is not important at all 3.2 MP may go but if you want to use it a 5MP is desired.(Flash is not a great addition as low light photography in most cases will be the worst). The most important thing than all is your battery standby time. It should last at least for a day on moderate use. It will be good to choose a battery of 1500 mAH or more.
Walton is introducing new android device on a regular interval. Some of which are really great in terms of price & configuration. Previously I wrote about the Primo N1 which has the look and feel of Samsung Galaxy Note. Its latest Walton Primo X1 is slightly smaller than note (4.65-inch) but not less powerful at all. I am sure you will love this at first look. Don’t get surprised if it turns as a flagship device from the Walton android collection. You will hardly find any device which has a super AMOLED display & a quad core processor with the latest android OS and corning gorilla glass at this price. If its build quality proves good no doubt it is going to establish itself as a big name of the Walton android collection
Let’s have a look at its specs. It comes with the android 4.1.2 (jelly bean) OS, 28nm quad-core 1.2ghz processor, powervr sgx 544 gpu,1gb ram, internal storage space of 4gb, dual SIM card & standby, it has 4.65-inch (HD resolution 1280 × 720) capacitive touch screen with 2nd generation gorilla glass HD super AMOLED screen, external memory support micro SD card, up to 32gb, rear camera: 8.0 mega pixels & front camera: 2.0 mega pixels, full HD (1080p) (1920x1080) video recording, a 2100mah lithium ion battery, all the connectivity of WLAN b/g/n (wi-fi), bluetooth v4, micro USB v2, the sensors available are gyro/accelerometer (3d), light sensor, gravity sensor, proximity sensor, compass, GPS with a-gps network-assisted GPS navigation function. The price is 16,990 TK not so high for this specs. But it was not impossible to keep the price a few thousand lower. In fact today every company has to spend a large amount of money for branding which ultimately makes the price higher. Nobody will know without advertisement which costs some extra money from our pocket.